Friday, February 10, 2012

This Short eBook Provides Helpful Tips On How To Sell More Books On Amazon

Review By KEN KORCZAK

There is a saying in the publishing business: "It takes a certain intelligence to write a book, but it takes a genius to sell that book!"

Believe me, it's true. So those of us selling ebooks need all the help we can get, and this short book provides that. If the self-starter book marketer takes the time to follow-up on, and perform the steps suggested here, he or she will take positive steps on that path to selling more books. If you're going to take the time, pain and effort to write a book, you might as well invest the time, pain and effort it takes to get that book into the hands of as many readers as possible.

However, this book got me into a bit of a jam with Amazon. For example, the author suggests writing book reviews for other books listed on Amazon. She then suggests you work in a plug for your own book. Maybe it was just me, but I was led to believe that this meant I could put in a link for my own book in my Amazon reviews: Not so, Amazon warned me in an email. After writing more than 20 reviews, and linking my own books in each review, Amazon sent me an email telling me this violated its policy. I'm not sure Smith makes this crystal clear -- at least it was not clear to me.

So this is an okay book, will help you sell more books, but be careful. You might get in trouble. UPDATE: Since I first published this review, Smith may have updated this short book (it's about 26 pages) to correct some of the problems I mention, although I'm 100% sure about that.

Ken Korczak is a former professional and successful government grant writer. You can find some of his best "insider" secrets and tips for getting free government money here: SECRETS OF A GRANT WRITER

No comments:

Post a Comment